Today's guest post is by Emily Pham who writes about travel in Vietnam over at Vina.com a blog dedicated to Vietnamese food, travel tips and destination guides.
There are many reasons why Vietnam should be your next destination. Firstly, it is the country of many beautiful sceneries and majestic destinations. In Vietnam, there are many world heritages, which were recognized by UNESCO such as Ha Long Bay, Son Doong Cave, etc.
People in this country are amiable and hospitable. However, they are not the exact reasons why you should visit Vietnam. There are many other motivations for you to plan a trip to Vietnam, including:
1. Good Weather
In North Vietnam, there are four seasons; each season has its own special food and scenery; thereby, you can visit Vietnam whenever you want. Vietnamese people often organize traditional festivals between January and April; this is also an exceptional occasion for foreign friends to understand more about Vietnamese culture.
From April to August, tourists may take a trip to the beaches, islands, and bays in all areas of Vietnam such as Co To Island (Đảo Cô To) and Ha Long Bay (Vịnh Hạ Long) in the north, Nha Trang beach (Biển Nha Trang) in central Vietnam, and Phu Quoc Island (Đảo Phú Quốc) in the south.
From September to the end of each year, visiting the Northern provinces such as Lao Cai (Lào Cai), Cao Bang (Cao Bằng), Ha Giang (Hà Giang), etc. will bring you a unique experience. It is believed that the weather in Vietnam always facilitates tourism and this is an advantage for Vietnam to develop tourism services all year round.
2. Quick And Simple Visa
The arrival visa to Vietnam costs only $45 USD per person and can be applied for easily at the Embassy of Vietnam in foreign countries. The process of applying for a visa to the embassy is also quick and straightforward; it only takes about one week.
3. Friendly And Hospitable People
Vietnam is the fourth most generous country, according to the claim of Hubpages. They said that Vietnam and other countries in Southeast Asia are particularly hospitable to foreign tourists. Once arriving in Vietnam, no one can forget the image of volunteers on the street, rustic and cheerful farmers in rice paddy fields in the outskirts of Hanoi, and so on. Primarily, every tourist visiting Vietnam will feel the friendly smile and warm emotions of the local people.
4. Diversity Of Food
Vietnamese cuisine is the way of cooking and eating habits of Vietnamese people. Although there are differences from region to region, each dish has a special meaning that every Vietnamese person knows and not many countries in the world own such a diversified cuisine. Vietnamese food is delicious thanks to the natural fresh ingredients. Food in Vietnam is full of excellent color, flavor, and taste which satisfies tourists from all over the world.
5. Beautiful Beaches
With a coastline of more than 2000 miles, Vietnam is famous for many beautiful beaches, white sands, peninsulars, and islands. Here are some of the most beautiful islands and beaches everyone should visit once:
* Nha Trang beach (Bãi biển Nha Trang): Nha Trang is a south-coast city with rolling waves on one side and many cafes, modern sculptures and restaurants, on the other.
* Dai Lanh beach (Bãi biển Đại Lãnh): This beach is empty and endless with a long beach, a mantle of green mountains, and turquoise water.
* My Khe beach, Quang Ngai province (Biển Mỹ Khê, tỉnh Quảng Ngãi): This beach is backed by evergreen trees and consists of 7-kilometers of sand. Along the beach are hamlets with fishing boats and some restaurants for visitors.
* Quan Lan Island (Đảo Quan Lạn): This island is sited on the outer fringes of Ha Long Bay, and consists of sandy and clean beaches. It is quite deserted here; it means you can enjoy the beauty of nature without the crowd. From Quan Lan island, you can get to Co To Island (Đảo Cô Tô) very quickly (From Cai Rong Port, you have to go through Quan Lan Island to arrive in Co To Island). This is also a very famous beach in the North of Vietnam with many green water beaches and fresh atmosphere.
6. World Heritage
According to some newspapers, Vietnam is the home of world heritage, including Ha Long Bay, Phong Nha - Ke Bang national park, Hoi An ancient town, Trang An Landscape Complex, My Son Sanctuary, Complex of Hue Monuments, Central Sector of the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long – Hanoi, and Citadel of the Ho Dynasty. All of these addresses will be worth a visit.
* Ha Long Bay (Vịnh Hạ Long): This is a beautiful destination with many uninhabited islands, great biological system, etc. When visiting Ha Long Bay, you will feel the majestic beauty of many limestone pillars; one of them was used as a symbol of Vietnam and printed in Vietnamese currency.
* The Imperial Citadel of Thang Long (Hoàng Thành Thăng Long): It was built in the 11th century and recognized by UNESCO as a world heritage in 2010. Nowadays, this site becomes reminiscent of Hanoi life in the lower of Red River.
* Hoi An Ancient Town (Phố cổ Hội An): This was an important port in the 15th to 19th century. Visiting this town, you will see the remnants of building and large street remained despite of the invasion of foreign countries.
* My Son Sanctuary (Thánh địa Mỹ Sơn): With the enormous cultural value, My Son sanctuary was recognized as a world heritage site by UNESCO in 1999. This is an area of abandoned and ruined Hindu temples, which were built between 4th and 14th century AD to worship Hindu god Shiva.
7. Unique Coffee Taste
You know that Vietnam is the second biggest country in exporting coffee, right? This is the reason coffee lovers take flight to Vietnam without hesitation. If you are doing outdoor activities and you need something to keep you up, try to get a cup of Vietnamese iced coffee (Cà phê sữa đá) on any street in Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi. If you do not like Vietnamese iced coffee, you can order a cup of black coffee (Cà phê đen). These two kinds of coffee have a unique taste that satisfies most tourists.
8. Hiking Challenges
Sa Pa, a small town in the North of Vietnam, is one of the reasons why this country should be your next destination. The beauty of Sa Pa is made up of valley walls, rice paddy fields, mountains, etc. Here, you can challenge yourself with the trekking trails to new heights at Sa Pa. Not many people are brave enough to take this challenge. Treks are taken within a day, but some of them last for more than two days.
We have given you some reasons why Vietnam should be your next choice. There is nothing to doubt about the simple visa procedure, friendly people, and beautiful tourist attractions in this country. The thing you have to do is choose the most suitable destination for you and your family or friends before packing your bags. Also, hotels and homestays are available in each
place, from the luxurious to the budget ones, so please do not worry about accommodations. Just plan your spending and travel.
I am Emily Pham. I was born in Vietnam – a country with many unknown beaches, historic sites, and tourist attractions. Understanding that Vietnam nowadays is a famous destination, I establish the blog site Vina.com with the purpose of introducing the elegant beauty of Vietnam to friends around the world. If you are planning a trip to Vietnam, our blog will provide you with essential information on where to go and what to do in our country.
Pin it to your Asia Travel Board: